no right click

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Birthday Goody Bags!

My son will be turning four this month and we are having his party on Sunday.  He LOVES Lightning McQueen so of course...that is the theme for his party!  This will be the first year that we are having his party out of house.  I'm kind of liking this idea because it's way less work for Mom...yay! : )

I decided to make the goody bags myself from scratch.  I used plain brown paper bags, ink, embossing powder, ribbon and tags.

I stamped the bags with a checkered pattern and embossed with white powder.  Then I decided to paint over the embossed image with inky black Mr. Huey's!  I wiped off the excess black paint and was left with the black and white image seen in the photos.  I added the little red car stamp from Amy Tangerine's "ready set go" collection.  I used a red embossing marker on this one and then embossed with clear powder.  I found that I didn't get a very good impression with the marker but that's all I had for red...so it will have to do!


To finish off the bag I cut out some red tag shapes with my Sizzix Big Kick and embossed "thank you" on them.  I used black ink and clear embossing powder.  I folded the bag down and put two holes in it with my crop-a-dile and threaded some checkered ribbon through the two holes and the tag.  Voila!  I think they look super cute and make the perfect goody bag for any car themed party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment